School of Physics and Astronomy
Research interests include -
- Renormalization methods applied to the statistical closure problem of turbulence. The Local Energy Transfer (LET) theory of turbulence: 1974 - present time.
- Renormalization methods applied to the turbulence subgrid modelling problem. Iterative, conditional averaging: 1982 - present time.
- Resolution of long-standing issues in the phenomenology of turbulence: 2004 - present time.
- Turbulent drag reduction by additives and turbulent diffusion: 1970s - 1980s.
- Miscellaneous topics: operational control of numerical simulation of turbulence, hybrid large-eddy simulations, turbulence as a dynamical system, the physics of the DNS of isotropic turbulence.
For further information, please see individual pages through Edinburgh Research Explorer